Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3 Review: There are variants of tires specialized for different climatic and terrain driving. Tires can come with specialized features that are only compatible with a given type of driving. For example, tires that are tailor-made for tarmac will struggle to move smoothly on rough terrain, on a steep hill or an all-weather tire might struggle to work perfectly on deep snow.
This all comes down to features that car manufacturers engineer into their tires to meet the specific demands of different roads, weather conditions, or terrains. Some tire manufacturers have tried to close this gap by manufacturing tires that can maneuver on any train, in any weather, without compromising the performance of the tire on one road or weather condition.
Like, for example, a manufacturer can build a tire that can work on terrain on a snowy mountain without compromising its performance on a dry tarmacked road in the summer. That is what Bridgestone aimed to achieve with the manufacture of their Dueler A/T Revo 3 tire, which is an all-season, all-terrain tire which can take you anywhere that you want.
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3 Review
- Summary of Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3
- How is Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3’s performance on wet, slippery, and muddy surfaces?
- How are Revo 3’s Performances on dry terrains?
- How is the Revo 3’s performance on Snowy, Icy and wintry conditions?
- How is the Revo 3’s performance off-road?
- Durability and Warranty
- Is the Revo 3 comfortable and refined?
Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3 Review
Bridgestone Dueler A T Revo 3 tires are in big demand, and the manufacturer has done its role in flooding the market with all-terrain tires. Consumers in this broad category, to be fair to producers, want everything on their tire, and not just a bit of everything, they want everything on the tire. From street manners that are on the verge of becoming sports car handling, to claws into mushy axle-deep mud with tenacity, and, of course, adherence to any frozen surface…all while being as durable as possible. Despite many manufacturers trying to manufacture such tires, very few produce the kind of finished tire the customer wants. Bridgestone Deuler A/T Revo 3 is one such products.
The Bridgestone Dueler A T Revo 3 is Bridgestone’s third generation of the Revo series, which is built for SUVs and trucks. The technology used on the tire guarantees durability. Even as the tire wears, the sophisticated technology allows you to handle wet, dry, and even snowy conditions.
Summary of Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3
Based on Bridgestone’s websites, they use an array of technologies and advanced engineering technology to offer its customers a comfortable, confident ride with great traction on all terrains, as well as achieving durability. To achieve this increasing in-demand ability of a tire to perform well on all-weathers and all-terrains, the Bridgestone company built these features into their tire;
- The Revo 3’s contoured shoulders include staggered shoulder legs for enhanced biting grip on soft and uneven ground. This gives the Deuler A/T Revo 3 a strong killer grip when maneuvering through mud and loose and murky surfaces like sand, gravel.
- Compared to its predecessor, Revo 2, the Bridgestone Revo 3 comes equipped with a very aggressive tread pattern fitted with additional gripping claws. The role of these additional traction claws is to increase grip on wet, slippery, muddy, or snowy terrains. These traction claws are what help this tire outperform other similar tires in winter and snowy situations, making it a real all-season champion.
- Bridgestone employs a technique to reinforce the grooves from the shoulder to the contact patch’s center, then from the contact patch’s center to the opposite shoulder of the tire. Reformulating the compound for rubber strength, the innovative compound boosts wear resistance.
- To achieve wet traction and increase hydroplaning resistance on wet and slippery surfaces, Bridgestone’s shoulders feature 3D sipes and open shoulder slots. In addition, the tread features wide circumferential grooves.
- To perform excellently in unforgiving, rough, and uneven terrains, Bridgestone employs several technologies. In addition to the Traction Claw Technology which is built on the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo to enhance biting grip, in-block sipes are engineered into the tread. These technologies ensure that the tire achieves the biting edge which is needed for traction on slippery, or snowy surfaces. This technology also helps the tire to pull through very deep snow or mud.
- Bridgestone is one of the most stable and durable tire manufacturing companies in the world. It built the Deuler A/T Revo 3 with a two-ply polyester casing beneath the tire’s two wide and dense-steel belts for the purposes of supporting and stabilizing the tire tread. The use of a nylon reinforced ply improves vehicle handling while also increasing longevity and providing high-speed stability.
How is Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3’s performance on wet, slippery, and muddy surfaces?
The tires offer confidence driving on dry, slippery, and muddy surfaces. It is built with all-weather features that enable it to achieve this.
The tires are fitted with a very wide circumferential groove, and several exit pathways interconnected to help in expelling water from the surfaces. This improves traction and avoids hydroplaning resistances on wet, slippery, and muddy surfaces. The 3D steps and fitted shoulder edges bite onto wet and slippery terrains and add lateral traction, especially when cornering in wet and slippery terrains.
The sloped tread block and shoulder edges increase the amount of biting edges grasping the soft and loose terrain surface, allowing the tire to go ahead in deep muck and loose soil while also preventing it from being stuck.
The braking distance of the Revo 3 compared to other tires in this category is impressively shorter.
How are Revo 3’s Performances on dry terrains?
Bridgestone incorporated off-road features on the Revo 3 without compromising the tire’s performance on tarmac, especially dry tarmac. The REVO 3 produces a good and immediate response. There’s no lag between steering input and vehicle action, and no tread squirm.
To achieve maximum traction on the tarmac, the company built asymmetric tread designs that are tightly knitted into strong grove steps. The grooves’ steps are tightened from the shoulder to the center patch. Reinforcement proceeds from the center patch to the opposing wide groove. The reinforced close knitting is done to provide maximum traction on the tarmac and dry surfaces.
The Bridgestone dueler a t Revo 3 also has a tremendous number of sipe to further enhance traction.
How is the Revo 3’s performance on Snowy, Icy and wintry conditions?
Revo 3 performs exceptionally well on wintry roads. It is engineered with aggressive, staggered, and stepped tread patterns, this tread patterns are further reinforced with a tremendous number of sipes to improve traction on snow surfaces. These steep treads also expel snow that gets stuck between tread spaces, hence exposing the tread to the road surfaces. However, if you are driving on deep snow and ice, it is advisable that you get yourself wintry specialized tires.
How is the Revo 3’s performance off-road?
If you are a farmer who transports your farm inputs or infects your farm or visiting people in the untarmacked countryside, the Ravo 3 are one of the best tires that you should consider for your rare off-road drives. The Revo 3’s performance off-road is among the best in the market. Bridgestone engineered the tire to ensure that it does not lose grip on the off-read terrains, or its balance and stability. Rocks, twigs, gravels can tear into a tire and destroy its tread life. The Revo 3 is built with strong tread patterns that ensure that the tire is not easily destroyed by rocks, gravel, twigs, and sand.
The tread grooves incorporate significant spaces between the blocks to enabling water, stones, and gravels to go through the spaces, which ensures that the thread has a grip on the surface.
This tire comes with an inner casing of 2-ply polyester, which offers off-road stability. Two wide high-strength steel belts and nylon reinforcement ply enhance the casing in increasing handling response. The groove and lateral grooves are wide enough to offer surface gripping.
Durability and Warranty
The Dueler A/T Revo 3 has an incredibly long tread life. It is one of the all-terrain whose durability is very long. Bridgestone It constructed the Deuler A/T Revo 3 with a two-ply polyester casing beneath the tire’s two wide and dense steel belts to support and stabilize the tread. The use of a nylon reinforced ply improves vehicle handling, while also extending the life of the tire and boosting high-speed stability.
The Revo 3’s tread features a groove stepping which is stiffened into thread blocks that increase treadlife. These thread blocks improve tire contact with the road surface and distribute driving pressure evenly throughout the tread area. The evenly distributed driving pressure prevents irregular tread wear on the model’s surface, resulting in longer tread life and usage.
All models of the Bridgestone Revo 3 come with a 60,000-mile tread-wear warranty. This warranty is 10,000 miles more than its predecessor, Revo 2. They also come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee, which means you may get a new tire within 30 days of purchase if you’re unhappy with the workmanship or materials.
Is the Revo 3 comfortable and refined?
The Revo 3 is very comfortable unless one hits very unstable terrains. The 2-ly polyester constructions give the rider a very comfortable drive. The tire is quiet on the road as well. The groove stepping technology is designed to stabilize the tire’s tread to enhance handling while cornering, and hard braking, thus allowing the driver to concentrate on the steering wheel with comfort.
Is the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3 a recommendable tire? Absolutely yes. If you are searching for a tire that will eat into the off-road terrain on weekends and evenings without compromising its performance on the normal tarmac on your way to your job, then consider buying the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3.
The Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3 is the absolute choice for your trip if you’re looking for an outstanding all-season off-road tire with the perfect blend of road comfort, quiet ride, longer service life, and durability. Plus, this tire guarantees you a treadlife of about or over 60,000 miles if you maintain it well.
Edward George is a Content Writer at Mzuri Auto Reviews. He has over 15 years of experience working in the automotive sector. He loves reviewing the latest car products, accessories, and more. Follow Mzuri Auto