2021 Chevrolet Equinox is a 5-seater crossover in the ever-growing number of Equinox series. Packed with modern infotainment technology, this fun-to-drive car offers the owners a great driving experience be it on paved roads or off-road in the terrains. It is equipped with a Chevrolet Safety Assist that is standard across all its trims to help the driver prevent possible danger to the car drive, passengers, other road users, and road properties.
- 2021 Chevrolet Equinox Reviews
- Equinox 2021 Exterior Features
- 2021 Chevrolet Equinox Interior
- 2021 Equinox Technology and Connectivity
- 2021 Chevrolet Equinox Reviews – Performance
- 2021 Chevrolet Equinox Trims
- 2021 Chevrolet Equinox Special Editions
- 2021 Equinox Price
2021 Chevrolet Equinox Reviews
This compact crossover offers the driver humble driving time with modern technology-inspired driving assistance features.
It is a two-rowed spacious cabin car that has enough sitting room for every passenger. Its offers eye-catching exterior features that make it a road beauty.
Equinox 2021 Exterior Features
The Equinox 2021 is sculpted, lined, and contoured to give it a distinctive appearance that is easy on the eye. It comes in different colors and trims to fit the driver’s desired appearance and choice of ambiance.
2021 Chevrolet Equinox Colors
The 2021 chevy equinox colors options are; Cajun Red Tintcoat, Mosaic Black Metallic, Summit White, Silver Ice Metallic, Nightfall Gray Metallic, Iridescent Pearl Tricoat, Pacific Blue Metallic, and the Midnight Blue Metallic.
2021 Chevrolet Equinox Dimension
The Chevrolet is 183.1 and 65.5 inches in length and height respectively. The front headroom is 40 inches, the front legroom is 40.90 inches, and the front shoulder room is 57.20 inches.
Your hands are full? You can’t pull your liftgate? Don’t worry. The Chevrolet Equinox 2021 Premier is equipped with a hands-free liftgate that automatically opens with a simple kicking motion of one of your feet.
The Equinox 2021 comes with standards exterior features while some of the features are customized to fit different trims. Some of the standard features are;
- The 19-inch wheels. The wheels are bright machine-faced aluminum.
- Heated power mirrors that are fitted with the integrated turn signal indicators plus a driver-side-dimming feature.
- Tail LED lamps that produce crisp and ultra-bright lighting.
- Solar-absorbing glass that helps in minimizing the effects, the amounts or quality of solar rays penetrating the cabin.
- The Halogen Headlamps. These dual halogen projector lamps aids in the provision of more even light distribution which improves visibility.
- Automatic on/off headlamps. When you turn off the car’s ignition and exit it, as you walk away, the lights will remain lit. However, they will automatically turn off after a set amount of time. This, in order to save the car’s battery life.
- Active Aero shutters. They close when the car is running at high speed to help in the enhancement of aerodynamics. The shutters reopen when the car is driving at a slower speed. They also reopen when they are needed to help cool the engine’s compartment.
- The acoustic laminated windshield. This windshield helps to shut away unwanted traffic and road noises. By reducing the amount of noise coming into the car, the acoustic laminated windshield in Equinox 2021 ensures that the car occupants have a quiet and serene environment to converse or enjoy the car entertainment.
In addition to these standard features, the Equinox has others available to different trims and others that can be bought and customed to meet the owner’s desired taste.
Read: 2021 Honda Pilot
2021 Chevrolet Equinox Interior
The interior cabin of the Equinox is spacious enough to fit any passenger’s body feature. It has five seats with enough room between two passengers. The seats are crafted to the owner’s good taste.
Passengers in the rear seats have an option to arrange the rear seatbacks in two positions; fully upright or slightly reclined. This gives room for precise comfort.
When the cabin of the car is cold, the passenger in an Equinox Premier trim has the luxury of heating the driver and front-seat passenger seats with just a touch of a button.
Also available only on the Premier trim are the ventilated driver and front passenger seats, plus heated rear outboard seats.
The Rear Seat Reminder. Within the ten minutes or anytime when your car is on, when you close or open the rear doors, the rear seat reminder activates. The reason for the activations is to remind you under certain conditions to double-check in case you left behind some of your possessions in the car.
The interior of the Equinox is fitted with power outlets. The 12-volt auxiliary outlets can be used to power phones and other gadgets. The outlets are found in the front storage bin as well as the rear cargo area.
A manual air conditioning.
A three-spoke steering wheel with a mounted audio board, cruise, and phone control.
A 6-speaker audio speaker system.
2021 Equinox Technology and Connectivity
The Equinox is fitted with intuitive technology that effortlessly integrates with a user’s compatible smart devices. You are only a touch away from listing to your favorite song, listening to your radio, streaming your favorite podcast, and so on.
- If you are looking to connect your device with your Equinox 2021, the car comes fitted with the Chevrolet infotainment 3 system comes with a 7-inch diagonal touch-screen and other connectivity devices.
- The 7-inch touchscreen has both an Apple CarPlay for iPhone users and an Android Auto for android users.
- Are you driving alone? Do you need someone to talk to? Amazon’s Alexa is on board with you. You can get Alexa plus Built-In inside your vehicle. With Alexa, you can stream your favorite music, access Amazon’s shopping list, and connect with your home smart devices while you are driving.
- 4 USB ports
- 4G LTE connectivity and a Wi-FI hot spot that requires a subscription after the end of the data trail.
- Also available is the MyChevrolet App.
The Teen Driver Technology
This technology allows parents to manage by limiting certain vehicle features and setting to encourage safer driving habits among teenage drivers. An in-vehicle report card is equipped to give the driver the information about these driving habits that are needed to help the young ones to be safer drivers.
The 2021 Chevy Equinox gives expandable cargo space by folding the rear seats which creates up to more cargo space. The 60/40 split-folding of rear seats create a 63.9cu.ft of full cargo capacity.
The cabin also has storage or placement spaces for all your travel pieces of luggage. There is a storage space for mobile phones, 4 cup holders, a flip-down overhead compartment for sunglasses for your road trips, and a cup holder that can hold up to 4 cups. All four doors are fitted with water bottle storage space.
2021 Chevrolet Equinox Reviews – Performance
This crossover comes with an economical 1.5L turbo-charged engine that gives a great EPA estimate of 31 miles per gallon while the car is driving on the highway. The engine is standard across all the trims.
It has a standard 6-speed automatic transmission that is electronically controlled. It has an overdrive and Driver Shift control plus a 203 lb.-ft of torque
A switchable All-Wheel Drive is available on the Premier. It is available for LS and LT. This system improves traction and control on terrains that are slippery or snowy. This system allows one to drive in the fuel-economical FWD mode. You can drive this way until the system prompts you to switch to AWD.
Safety and Driver Assistance
The Chevrolet Equinox 2021 crossover comes with standard Chevy Safety Assist. The safety assist is an array of six advanced driving safety technology whose aim to help the driver avoid potential hazards. They are;
The Forward Collision Alert
- This system gives a driver a warning when it detects that the car might be involved in a front-end collision with another vehicle that the driver is driving after. Promptly, the driver takes an action to stop the collision.
- When you are following other vehicles dangerously close, this system will detect then provide a tailgating alert to the driver.
The automatic Emergency Braking system
- At a speed of below 50 mph during the daytime, in conjunction with the Forward Collision Alert, the system will help the driver avoid or reduce the impact of a front-end collision with a detected vehicle that the driver is following. This is done by automatically providing hard emergency breaking or used to enhance the driver’s hard breaking.
The Front Pedestrian Braking
- When the car is driving at a speed of less than 50 mph, the front pedestrian braking system can aid in avoiding or reduction of the impact of a front-end collision with a pedestrian that the system has detected to be walking or running directly in front of the car.
- As well, the pedestrian is alerted of the impending collision.
- It can provide automatic hand emergency braking or cause an enhancement on the driver’s hard breaking.
The Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning
- This feature uses a detectable but brief and gentle move that turns your steering wheel to warn you that you may be unintentionally drifting out of a designated lane line. In that case, you will drift back into the lane.
- If a need arises, the system might give you additional Lane Departure alerts.
- This system alert is not functional when a driver is using the turn signal or if the system detects that the driver intends to leave the lane.
The Following Distance Indicator.
- This feature has the ability to display the time in seconds that is between your car and the detected car which you are driving after.
The Intellibeam, Auto High Beam Assist
- This system has the ability to automatically turn your car’s high beam headlamps on and off based on the nearby traffic conditions.
In addition to these standard safety features, the Equinox has other features that are costumed made for the higher trims.
The Equinox 2021 is a safe car. It scored a 5/5 safety score conducted by the IIHS Safety Testing. As well, it earned a five-star safety mark from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration car safety rating. Fitted with these safety and driver assistance features, the 2021 Chevrolet Equinox inspires confidence whenever a driver is behind the wheels.
2021 Chevrolet Equinox Trims
The Equinox 2021 is available in 3 models and 2 special editions. The models are:
2021 Equinox LS
The LS has all the standard Chevrolet Equinox features.
2021 Equinox LT
The LT has additional features that give the owner more options compared to the LS. Like the deep-tinted rear windows and Jet Black leather-appointed seats. It also has an 8-way power driver seat.
2021 Equinox Premier
If you love premium tastes, this is your ride. It has additional styles and luxury while maintaining utility. Some of the special features are the exterior highlights roof rails, fog lamps, chrome mirror caps, and a programmable hands-free programmable power liftgate.
It also has a standard remote vehicle starter system.
The interior of the Premier is high-end and elegant with perforated leather-appointed seats. It is also fitted with a dual-zone automatic climate control system.
2021 Chevrolet Equinox Special Editions
There are two special editions.
The Midnight Edition
This SE is available LT starts with a Mosaic Black Metallic exterior. It has tail-made 19-inch gloss aluminum wheels that are painted black.
The Sport Edition
This special edition is available on LT trim. It gives the owner a choice of exterior colors.
2021 Equinox Price
2021 Equinox – Starting at $ 23,800*
2021 Equinox LS – Starting at $ 26,300*
2021 Equinox LT – Starting at $ 27,500*
2021 Equinox Premier – Starting at $ 31,400*
Edward George is a Content Writer at Mzuri Auto Reviews. He has over 15 years of experience working in the automotive sector. He loves reviewing the latest car products, accessories, and more. Follow Mzuri Auto